Wednesday, December 4, 2019

05.08 Free Choice Blog


Women of Colour

by Rupi Kaur

our backs 
tell stories 
no  books have 
the spine to
carry

     
     The poem I read is from an instapoet, named Rupi Kaur, who mainly writes poems about women power and femininity. In one of her books, this poem stood out to me.The poem stood out to me because my interpretation of the poem made me see that any person, or a persons worth cannot be degraded into something inanimate, and that we are more of who we think we are. I also admire how the author uses 'books' in comparison to backs. Besides the internet, we only read about profound people in books, sometimes their life, sometimes their work.But this particular poem made me realize that those profound people we know were more than stories written on pages, that they were also people.

    Since the author is a feminist and writes about such, I believe that she is targeting younger females, to not let society put them in a box because it does not know what they have been through. I believe that the author's intent was to affirm her readers and their life experiences by her works.

No comments:

Post a Comment